The government of Punjab is finally going to make the practical implication of its long-awaited announcement Women on Wheels Scheme. The scheme was announced by Punjab Government as Pink Scooty and Pink Motorcycle Scheme first but later on, changed with Women on Wheels Scheme.
On the direction of the Punjab Government, The Bank of Punjab has started accepting the application from the willing applicants.
At first stage, this scheme is being offered in following cities:
Anyone domiciled in above-mentioned cities working, self-employed or studying is eligible for the scheme.
Punjab Government Women Motorcycle Scheme 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Following females can apply for the WOW Motorbike:
- Age between 18 to 40 years.
- Having a Valid CNIC
- Having a Valid Motorcycle driving license or Learners License at the time of application
- Resident in Punjab and (self) employed or studying in any of the following five cities:
5. Maximum Monthly income of applicant (if employed) or guardian/household (if not employed) does not exceed Rs 30,000
6. Secondary School Certificate / Matriculation
7.Express Consent of Parent / Guardian on application form with one Guarantor, where Guarantor can be a parent or guardian
Pink Motorcycle 2018 Model
Customized Honda Dream CD 70 motorbikes of Pink Color are being offered under this scheme.
Subsidy by GOP/Contribution by GOP
The price of Pink Motorbike is Rs. 67,500, however, Rs. 24,975 will be given as subsidy by the Government of Punjab and Rs. 22,275 will be given by Bank of Punjab in term of the loan without zero markups. Remaining Rs. The applicant will also pay 27,000 as down payment.
Monthly Installment Payable
The monthly installment is Rs. 1,856 and tenure of the loan is one year.
Documents Required with Application Form
The interested females have to submit the following documents:
- Complete application form (link to form)
- Valid CNIC
- One Photograph
- An affidavit that the “Maximum Monthly income of applicant (if employed) or guardian/household (if not employed) does not exceed Rs 30,000” (Format of affidavit available on www.bop.com.pk)
- Matric / equivalent certificate
- In case the applicant is a student, her educational institution’s ID card or enrolment letter or copy of last paid fee.
- Copy of CNIC of Guarantor (in case applicant not employed)
- Valid Driving License / Learners License
- Punjab Domicile
Punjab Government Women Pink Motorcycle 2018 Application Form
Here is the application form of Women Motorcycle Scheme 2018. It is also available at https://www.bop.com.pk/Documents/WOW%20-%20Application%20Form.pdf as well.
How to Apply for Pink Motorcycle Scheme for Women 2018?
Once all documents are completed, you will submit the same at any of the BOP designated Branches along with processing fee.
One time non-refundable processing fee of Rs. 3,000/- shall be payable by the applicant at the time of depositing her application with BOP.
The initiative taken by the Government of Punjab will assist the women in many ways. Specially it will empower them and make them able to better deal with their study and job related traveling that otherwise bound their family members.