Punjab Educational Endowment Fund under its project of Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarships has announced Fully Funded International Scholarships for Ph.D. for intake in 2018-19 academic years. Both male and female Pakistani nationals who have secured admission in Top 50 QS ranked universities of the world are eligible to apply for the said scholarship scheme.
Shahbaz Sharif Ph.D. Level Foreign Scholarships are of great help for those students who want to get a quality education in leading universities of the world. In this article, we are going to throw light on the detailed procedure of applying for the scholarship.
Last Date to Apply: 29th March 2018
This article mainly covers the following sections:
- Eligibility Criteria
- Scholarship Coverage
- Discipline wise allocation of scholarships
- Geographical distribution of scholarships
- List of Subject Areas
- QS Universities Ranking
Shahbaz Sharif Ph.D. Foreign Scholarships Eligibility Criteria
The candidates need to meet the following criteria:
60% marks throughout academic career
Monthly income from all resources (including self, spouse, and parents) must not exceed Rs. 200,000
Maximum age of 35 as on 29 March 2018
- Valid D. admission offer from one of the Top 50 (Subject Wise) Universities of the World (QS ranking) in preferred subject areas
- Not availed any foreign scholarship in the past
- Must take up the scholarship in the year for which it is offered and the scholarship shall not be deferred to the next year
- Existing permanent/regular faculty members of public sector teaching / educational institutions of Pakistan are not eligible to apply for Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarships
How to Apply for Shahbaz Sharif Ph.D. Foreign Scholarships 2017-18
The willing candidate needs to follow the following conditions to apply for scholarships:
- First get admission in Top QS Ranked Universities (Subject Wise – List is Provided in the End)
- Download Shahbaz Sharif Scholarship Form from here Application Form
- Send duly filled application form to PEEF before March 29, 2018
Documents to be attached with Application Form
The candidate also required attaching following documents with Scholarship Form
- Copy of valid admission offer for D. for fall 2018 intake
- Attested copy of CNIC
- Copy of Passport
- Attested copies of all educational testimonials
- Copy of Synopsis/ Research Proposal
- Income affidavit on legal paper (sample attached with application form)
- Attested copy of domicile
- Copy of previous months’ pay slips (self/parents/guardian if applicable)
- Three passport size photographs (blue background)
- Any other supporting documentation required to substantiate the facts given in the application form
Shahbaz Sharif Ph.D. Foreign Scholarships Coverage/Stipend etc.
Shahbaz Sharif Ph.D. Foreign Scholarships are fully funded and cover all expenses. The government will pay following expenses:
- Tuition fees of the Degree Course
- Boarding and Lodging (as per approved rates)
- Health Insurance
Allocation of Scholarship (Discipline Wise)
Allocation of scholarships among science and art students is as below:
- 80 % scholarships are reserved for science disciplines
- 20% of scholarships are reserved for Social Sciences/Humanities and Arts.
Geographical Distribution of Scholarships
In addition to Punjab students, the students of other provinces are eligible for applying for the scholarships. Here is the geographical distribution of scholarships:
- 90% scholarships will be awarded to the students of Punjab.
- 10% scholarships have been allocated for the other federating units of Pakistan.
Important Download Links
Shahbaz Sharif/PEEF PhD Level Foreign Scholarships 2017-18 Advertisement
The initiative taken by the Punjab Government in the shape of PEEF is getting popularity among the deserving, needy and talented students. It is no doubt creating assistance opportunities for the talented and deserving students who want to pursue their career in higher education. With the multiple scholarships, PEEF want to provide the best educational opportunities to those students as well who cannot afford the higher education and want to make them on par with the most fortunate ones.
PEEF announce various scholarships schemes from time to that provides funds and financial help at the doorstep of the needy and talented students. These scholarships are allocated on Tehsils and Districts basis.