Pakistan Missions to the United Nations is accepting the applications from the talents and brilliant students for internship in the Mission. Pakistan Missions has limited internship opportunities for the interested candidates that is why it is accepting the application on first come first serve and no numeration basis.
The selected candidates will get the chance to learn Pakistan Mission work abroad. It will also let the interns to take a deeper look at multilateral diplomacy in action and also learning the important aspects of Pakistan’s foreign policy.
Available Areas for Training
Pakistan Mission is accepting the applications for internships in the following areas:
- Sustainable Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Issues
- Human Rights
- Humanitarian Affairs
- International Public Economic and Trade Laws
Those applicants who have a keen interest in International Relations, Foreign Policy, Diplomacy and Public Policy will be preferred.
Intended applicants need to be good in English and good command over written and oral communication. Pakistan Mission UN Internships are being offered to Pakistani citizens, US citizens of Pakistani origin-Senior High School, College and University students living in the US.
Application Submission Process
Download application form from here Pakistan Mission UN Internship Application Form and attach Cover Letter along with following details in the Note:
- Graduation Date
- List of IT Skills and Proficiencies
- List of Top Three Areas of Interest
- Explanations of Interest in the Internship
The Internship duration is minimum 03 Months and Maximum 06 Months. Interns are accepted for first 03 Months and later on duration extended for total 06 Months.
There is no remuneration for Internship at all. Moreover, all cost and expenses regarding travel, insurance, accommodation and living expenses will be borne by the interns.
- One passport size photograph may be attached to the online application
- Valid Pakistani Passport with valid visas as indicated above.
- Valid US passport or Green Card along with Pakistani Passport or National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (NICOP). In case you don’t have a Pakistani Passport or NICOP, a copy of your parent’s Pakistani Passport or NICOP may be provided to ascertain your Pakistani heritage.
- In case of F-1 visa, a copy of the I-20 form and a letter of enrollment from college may be submitted along with a clear indication of graduation date. For J-1 & J-2 visa holders are required to submit DS-2019 forms and enrollment/recommendation letter from college indicating the date of graduation. For G-2 visa holders, the I-94 form is required.