Just like Punjab Educational Endowment Fund PEEF in Punjab is working in Pakistan, Chief Minister Education Endowment Fund CMEEF is working in Pakistan for the welfare of deserving, needy and talented students.
CMEEF is an educational scholarship program started by the Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa for the welfare of the students. The CMEEF Scholarship Program aims to assist the needy and talented students of KPK.
Chief Minister Educational Endowment Fund Scholarships are for BS/BSc/MBBS, MS, MPhil and PhD students only.
Eligibility Criteria for Undergraduate Scholarships
In addition to eligibility criteria in selected program, candidates also need to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be KPK domiciled
- Qualified for admission in any of “Approved Institutions.”
- Not receiving any other scholarship
- Monthly income of father or guardian is not exceeding Rs. 100,000 per month
- Applicants need to sign bond or undertaking
Eligibility Criteria for Graduate Scholarships
- The candidate must be having domicile of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- The candidate must be fulfilling the admission criteria (merit) or have a valid offer of admission, in the approved discipline for MS/MPhil/PhD in approved institution/university.
- The candidate’s age must be less than 50 years on the last date of the receipt of the application as advertised by the institutions.
- The candidate must have a first-class academic career (minimum first division or CGPA of 3.00/4.00 or 3.75/5 in a semester system).
- Must not be the recipient of any other scholarship for the degree programme.
- Monthly income of the candidate’s parents/guardian (from all sources) shall not exceed Rs, 100,000/-
- The scholarship under the CMEEF shall cover full institutional fees (admission fee, tuition fee, lab and library fees etc.), hostel charges, mess charges and a monthly sustenance allowance/stipend of Rs.5000/- for undergraduate and graduate programs in national institutions for the standard period of study.
- The scholarship coverage for International scholars under the CMEEF shall be decided by the SMC keeping in view the available resources.
How to apply for Chief Minister Education Endowment Fund Scholarships 2018
For Both Graduate and Under Graduate
- Scholarships under the CMEEF shall be awarded in collaboration with the approved universities/institutions through agreements/ MoUs. The candidate shall apply directly to the selected institution in the approved discipline. Applications addressed to PMU for the undergraduate/graduate national program shall not be entertained.
- For the undergraduate national programme, the students shall be recommended by the institutions through internal scholarship scrutiny committees having a representative of the Higher Education Department as member and list of recommended candidates shall be forwarded to the department for approval of SMC and release of funds.
- For the national graduate program, in case the number of candidates for the scholarship exceeds 05 (five), the institution shall shortlist/recommend five candidates on the merit-cum-need basis for each scholarship for an interview before the SMC.
- The Scholarship Management Committee shall make the selection by a quantification formula duly approved by the Board.