The Ministry of Information Technology in collaboration with Ignite has launched an initiative to promote Research and Development culture at the grassroots level in universities. Ignite is going to fund Final Year Projects of undergraduate students who are enrolled in ICT related programs.
Ignite will fund the undergraduate students of the following program:
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Software Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
The successful applicants will get following aid by the Ministry of Information Technology and Ignite
- Equipment – Rs. 70,000
- Miscellaneous – Rs. 10,000
The financial aid of Rs. 80,000 will let the students of Final Year Project in building prototype and a working model to showcase their innovation and creativity by applying hands-on engineering and development skills.
Ignite has divided the program into two phases that are:
During Phase, I, Final Year Projects (FYP) nominated by Universities/Institutions are submitted for evaluation. After evaluation, approved and selected FYP are provided funding which covers the cost for purchase of equipment and miscellaneous costs related to the development of prototypes only. The break-up of maximum funding is as follows:
|1. Equipment||Maximum up to Rs. 70,000/-|
|2. Miscellaneous||Maximum up to Rs. 10,000/-|
In the second phase of the program, a competition at national level amongst the approved FYP of Phase I will be conducted. After completion of Phase I of the Program, each University/Institution will be requested to nominate one FYP of the University/Institution for participation at the national level competition. At a competition at National Level, following prizes will be awarded:
Ignite Prize Money
- Student Team (Maximum of 4): Cash Prize of Rs. 400,000/-
- FYP Supervisor: Cash Prize of Rs. 100,000/-
- Student Team (Maximum of 4): Cash Prize of Rs. 300,000/-
- FYP Supervisor: Cash Prize of Rs. 75,000/-
- Student Team (Maximum of 4): Cash Prize of Rs. 200,000/-
- FYP Supervisor: Cash Prize of Rs. 50,000/-
How to Apply
The nominations for Final Year Projects may be furnished through respective Head of Departments on the prescribed FYP Application Form at the following address (Online submission is NOT accepted):
Ignite (Formerly National ICT R&D Fund)
Ministry of Information Technology
6th Floor, HBL Tower, Blue Area
- No online submission is accepted. Only hard copy of forms filled out in all respects and having requisite signatures will be entertained and processed further.
- Hard copies of forms duly signed by the FYP Supervisor and Head of Department may be furnished through courier/registered mails, and the same must be received at Ignite by March 15, 2018.