The Government of the United Kingdom has announced hundreds of fully funded admissions and scholarships for international students. These scholarships are being offered to the students of least developed and lower middle-income Commonwealth countries. Pakistani students are also eligible to apply for the said scholarships if they meet the other eligibility requirements.
Fully funded by the UK Development for International Development, these scholarships are for the talented and needy students who want to gain knowledge from the UK universities and could not otherwise afford study in the UK.
The selected applicants will get following benefits while studying in top rated UK universities.
- Air ticket charges for only applicants
- Full tuition fee and examination fees
- Stipend/living allowances of GBP 1,065/month and GBP 1,306/month for studying in London metropolitan areas.
- Clothing allowance
- Excess baggage allowance
- Reimbursement of mandatory tuberculosis TB test if required for visa process
The applicants also need to meet the following eligibility criteria to apply for the said scholarships:
- Must have Master degree with at least upper second class standard or second class degree
- Must be Pakistani citizen and resident
- Available to start study in the UK by the start of September/October 2018
- Not able to afford study in the UK without Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2018
- Have not worked or studied for one year or more in a high-income country
Application Submission Process
Candidates first need to get admission in Commonwealth Shared Scholarships authorised universities. Check the full list of university contact details from here. For the information of the applicants, each university has its own admission requirements, specific advice and follow the rules for applying.
The intended applicants then need to apply at Applicant’s Registration Portal of Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2018.
Note: For the information of the candidates, these scholarships do not cover undergraduate courses, PhD study or any pre-sessional English language course at all.
Available Programs for Admissions
View a full list of eligible courses from here.
Applicants Selection Process
The test for the scholarships will be conducted by the Universities eligible for this scholarship program and where applicants have applied for admission.
Selection criteria mainly include following:
- Academic performance
- The potential impact of the work on the development of the applicant’s home country
For more details visit: http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/shared-scholarships/#eligible