The Government of Brunei Darussalam has offered scholarships to international students for the academic session 2018-19. Under this program, scholarships are being offered to study Undergraduate and Postgraduate Masters Degree in below-mentioned universities of Brunei Darussalam.
Please visit the following website(s) for information about the program(s) offered and respective requirements of the following three universities:
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam www.ubd.edu.bn
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali www.unissa.edu.bn
- University Teknologi Brunei www.utb.edu.bn
- Applicant must be citizen of Pakistan/AJK
- Ages must be between 18-25 for undergraduate programmes
- Age should not exceed from 35 for candidates who are applying for Postgraduate Programmes
- Applicants having 3rd Division in their academic career are NOT eligible to apply, and only one 2nd division is allowed throughout the academic career but NOT in the terminal degree.
- The applicant must have completed HSSC/Intermediate or equivalent for application to 04 year Bachelor Program.
- The applicant must have completed 16 years education or (04 years) Bachelors/equivalent Degree in application to Postgraduate Masters Program.
- The applicant must fulfil all the fields of the Brunei Application Form, and HEC application form (Online) and no column or field should be left unfilled.
- Certificates/Transcript/Degrees to be attached must be attested by the attesting authorities such as IBCC and HEC. Equivalence of O & A level is mandatory by IBCC.
- The applicant must provide Health certificate with his application.
- IELTS/TOEFL scores are required, where applicable.
- Applicants must fulfil other requirements set by concerned university/funding body.
How to Apply
HEC Online Application:
- Please click here to apply: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa
- Submit the online HEC application form at http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa and get its printed copy and attach the payment receipt of Rs.300/- with HEC Application form along with attested copies of all educational documents from matric onwards viz. transcripts, certificates, degrees, IBCC equivalency, CNIC, health certificate and clearance certificate, proof of English language proficiency i.e. IELTS/TOEFL etc. All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd. A separate bank Account No. 17427900133401 at HBL, H-9 Branch Islamabad is being maintained for online transfer of fee to HEC.
- Brunei Application forms can be downloaded from the website http://www.mofat.gov.bn/Pages/BDScholarship.aspx
- Application forms must be duly completed and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for Scholarships of the applicant’s country.
- Applicants are required to also submit security clearance statement from their National Security Agency/Police Station etc.
- Completed application forms are to be emailed to the following address as well within the deadline of 20th February 2018: applyBDGS2017@mofa.gov.bn
- Applicants applying to Universiti Brunei Darussalam must also complete an online application through the link: https://apply.ubd.edu.bn/orbeon/uis-welcome
- Applicants are required to send Two sets of Brunei Application Form
- Only One Set of HEC Application Form (printed copy) is to be sent with online fee receipt.
- Application Sets should be sent in Spiral Binding only. The Applications which are not in Spiral Binding will not be accepted.
- Each Application set should be separate. All three application sets should not be attached.
- Kindly note that HEC is the authorized agent who would send nomination from Pakistan. Hence you should not send the application directly to Brunei.
- Last Date for receipt of application in HEC is on or before 20th February 2018.
- By-hand applications or those received after the deadline shall not be entertained in any case.
- Send filled application form, with no documents missing, to the address given below:
Engr. Waheed Ahmed Mangi,
Director (HRD)/In-charge Learning Opportunities Abroad (LOA)
HRD Division, Higher Education Commission
Sector H-8, Islamabad.